Sunday 2 February 2014

profiles of other members


News of other members

Mary Chidlow

I have always painted and sketched and in the last few years have extended my skills into textiles through the C & G courses of Patchwork and Quilting , and Embroidery. I am a member of the Quilter's Guild and its off-shoot Contemporary Quilters. The latter group encourages experimenting with all forms of textiles.  I enjoy  taking part in the workshops and the challenges.




 
 

 Rose Thomas

 I am a committed maker involved in a wide range of crafts - although stitching has always been my first love. In recent months I have become fascinated with watercolours which I am using as a starting point for my next textile work. The painting here incorporates some stylised bird shapes which I have also used in textiles. The bird hanging is made by layering fabric scraps, machine embroidery and cutting away technique.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment